Don’t know what to bake this holiday season? Well, lucky for us one of our own team members loves to create new recipes. Here\’s a recipe Audrey has for you to try with your family members!
½ cup white sugar
¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
½ cup salted butter, melted
½ teaspoon salt
1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
7 ounces dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Mix Flour, Salt and Baking Soda; Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, Combine both sugars with a stand mixer; add in melted butter, once combined add eggs (including yolk) and vanilla extract. Mix on medium until combined, until it looks a bit frothy.
- Add in flour mixture to wet mixture until combined, use spatula instead of stand mixer to avoid over mixing.
- Fold in Chocolate
- Cover with cling wrap and let rest for 30 minutes in fridge.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees, line the tray with baking paper and scoop the mixture onto the tray.
- For Large — bake for 12-15 minutes; Small — bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Pan Drop at 6 minutes, and 2-3 minutes after that.
Some take away notes to include –
– If you want a fuller flavor cookie, don’t just melt the butter, brown it. Keep it over the heat until the milk solids sink to the bottom and start to toast
– Add half as much baking soda, especially if you aren’t doing the pan bang method. If you add baking soda to the cookie recipe and don’t drop the pan, the cookies will rise instead of becoming a dense, gooey cookie.
– Bang the trays once more when you take them out of the oven for even chewier and fudgier cookies
– Use a mixture of both milk and dark chocolate, but the chocolate is completely up to you!
– Sprinkle some sea salt on them as soon as they come out of the oven! The sweetness is already sort of cut by the bitterness of the dark chocolate and the sea salt gives it this really nice contrast of flavors(I would highly recommend the sea salt if you used any sort of chocolate below 60%) You can use Maldon salt.
If you use this recipe, send us a photo to @[email protected] and we will include you in our next newsletter!